Review Detail

4.8 2 0.5
CC Creams July 10, 2014 254
Avon Ideal Flawless CC Cream in Nude
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was beyond excited to review the new Avon Ideal Flawless CC Cream. I have tried BB creams but not a CC Cream, and my sister uses the Smashbox CC Cream and just can't say enough good things about it.

However, the Avon CC Cream wasn't the miracle I thought it would be. The colour was slightly different to the swatches that were shown to us (it was MUCH lighter than the swatch, although it had the right amount of yellow pigment in)and therefore much too light for even my pale winter skin.

I also found that although it promised decent coverage, it really didn't deliver on this either - even my Rimmel BB cream gives better coverage!

My skin tingled a little when using the CC cream as well, but I did put this down to my skin being rather dry from the extreme cold weather, as if my sensitive skin hadn't agreed with it, I would have been very red and possibly broken out in a rash (as a plus, that means this is suitable for very sensitive skins!!)

Although the CC cream doesn't deliver as much as I thought it would, it was great to put on a layer almost as a primer underneath my regular foundation - it smoothed my skin and my makeup lasted longer than it usually does, and it gave my foundation more of an airbrushed look!

The spf50 is also great for summer as most foundations/BB creams/CC creams do not have such high spf factors!

All in all, I probably won't be buying the Avon Ideal Flawless CC Cream after this tube is finished - I can get the same thing from my primer and regular foundation, and add in sunscreen to achieve the spf factor.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply