Review Detail

4.5 135 0.5
Lipsticks August 27, 2014 1853
Dare to be BOLD!
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

To be BOLD, or not to be BOLD, that is the question!

Whenever you are given the option to be BOLD, take it! I was very lucky to be chosen to review Avon’s BOLD lipstick, and received the shade Coral Burst plus the Big and Daring Volume Mascara in Brown Black to try out.

The colour of the lipstick is absolutely fantastic. It is an orangey red, and you can never go wrong with a good red lip. The pigment is strong and the lipstick is moisturising, so even applying it over my somewhat winter-chapped lips, it glided on smoothly and didn’t looked cracked.

I loved the boldness of the colour and it definitely made me feel a BOLD on the boldometer! The lipstick also has a sweet fragrance to it and smells lovely when applied. True to Avon's promise, one swipe of the lipstick over your lips is all you need to create a vibrant look.

In fact, I felt so bold that I decided to do something a little daring – something that I only had the confidence to do due to the boldness of my lips. I had heard about a certain cab service in America that lets a regular Joe Soap become a taxi driver, and he can arrange through their app to drive you to your destination for a fee. This service has recently come to South Africa, and was very hesitant at first to use it as I was terrified that a serial killer would pick me up and I would never be seen again! But I threw caution to the wind as I started up the app and was assigned a random driver. As I waited in anticipation, I applied the awesome Avon Big and Daring Volume Mascara on my lashes and another layer of Avon Ultra Colour Bold Lipstick (not that I needed it but it felt so moisturising on my lips!) and made my way outside to meet my driver. Pleasantly surprised, my driver was a lovely man who took me to my destination quickly and safely without the faintest hint of kidnap or murder (bonus points!)

After the great experience with the taxi, I decided to test out the lipstick in another situation where I knew I would need the confidence that only comes from wearing a great, BOLD lipstick – having permanent eyeliner done! I had had permanent eyeliner done before, but I was really scared to get it done again. It can be quite painful and the idea of someone wielding a needle at my eyeball makes me more than a little anxious! Unfortunately I was not able to wear the awesome mascara as I was not allowed to wear any makeup around my eye for the procedure, but I nervously applied my Avon Ultra Colour Bold lippie and took one last look at my face before going in. As I saw how great I looked with beautiful blood red lips, my nerves started melting away and I just knew I would be ok – sore and puffy, but ok. I was not allowed to wear any makeup around my eyes for a couple of days after the procedure but that didn’t bother me, with lashings of Avon’s BOLD lipstick, everyone’s eyes were drawn to my lips and they didn’t notice that my eyes were red and puffy!

I love being BOLD with this lipstick and will definitely be getting more shades of this. There are 10 in total and I have two of them - the Coral Burst which is a orange-red colour and Vivid Violet which is an awesome purple colour. There are a good mix of pinks, reds, oranges, browns and purples to choose from - a shade to match any skin tone!

The mascara is also great - it has a curved applicator and goes on really well without any flaking or smudging throughout the day.

If you choose be BOLD, then show it with this great lipstick!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

5 results - showing 1 - 5
Ordering
September 10, 2014
Now thats BOLD!! I really love the colour on you!
C
cpeter01
September 10, 2014
In reply to an earlier comment

Ah thank you!
K
karley
September 10, 2014
In reply to an earlier comment

Thank you :)
K
karley