4.5 42 0.5
Eyeshadows August 19, 2013 651
AVON 8-in1 Eyeshadow - Metallic
(Updated: July 02, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I've always been a fan of AVON products as the affordability for the high quality and innovation-filled catalogue made my pocket very happy.

The appearance of the palette itself is beautiful. It is classy and shiny - something to made the makeup bag feel proud to have.

At first glance, the shadows shades are inviting and vibrant, on application, however, it disappoints terribly.
It is almost impossible to achieve bright colour using brush strokes of a regular eyeshadow brush. I ended up using a dabbing motion on my lid with the little applicators that come inside the palette to achieve some semblance of colour. Once applied, DO NOT BLEND with a brush!! It will dull the colour and your eyelid will look like you applied only one shade.

I am a fan of bright shadows and vibrant colours which is why this eyeshadow disappoints. If you are the type to use muted or natural colours though, this would be perfect for you! It gives the eyelid a light wash of gentle colour without making you look clownish. I would not purchase this eyeshadow for myself but perhaps I would purchase it as a gift for an older woman.
Owner's reply September 26, 2013

Lol, you killed me with the older woman comment. I am gun shy when it comes to intense bright eyeshadow colours hence I was pleased with this palette and I had no blending issues either. You hit the nail on the head on it being perfect for ladies that prefer natural colours....

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply