Review Detail

4.3 42 0.5
African Extracts Rooibos Advantage Daily Repair Facial Oil
(Updated: September 04, 2017)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I've been using the African Extracts Rooibos Advantage Daily Repair Facial Oil for a week now and so far so good. My first impressions of the product were very positive. I love the packaging of this product. Inside the familiar red and gold ADVANTAGE box was a small clear bottle with a gold cap. The oil is clear with a slight yellow tint. Inside the bottle cap is a dropper: one twist pops the dropper up, activating the oil suction into the dropper. From there, just unscrew the cap as normal then press the clear button at the top of the cap to release the oil. So simple, yet so very clever. I absolutely love the smell of this product. The best comparison I can make is to those tiny, pink, cylindrical sweets called Romantics.

The African Extracts Rooibos Advantage Daily Repair Facial Oil is a light oil and does not feel like it's clogging my pores. I simply put a few drops onto my fingertips and press it against my cheeks, forehead and chin. I then massage it across my whole face in upward motions - just as instructed. It may still be too early to see results, however I would definitely recommend this product for 2 main reasons:

1) It contains great ingredients, which have proven benefits for skin.
2) A little goes a long way and one purchase is sure to last a while. At a retail price of R180, you get good value for money.

During the first week of use, I experienced a slight breakout. I have really sensitive skin so this is a normal occurrence when I introduce a new product into my skincare regimen. I usually treat breakouts with a clay face mask and my face will generally clear up within a week. This time, however, my skin cleared within a day. I believe the healing properties of the oil made my skin more resilient and less prone to breakouts as I haven't had any problems since.

After two weeks of use I noticed that my skin felt smoother. Although I haven't noticed a distinct reduction in the appearance of my dark spots, I believe there is an overall glow to my skin, which I'm absolutely loving. I'm waiting until the end of the trial to do a side by side comparison of my before and after pictures to see if there is any improvement in my scarring.

At the end of the third week, my skin was definitely glowing, it felt firmer and was free of bumps - just unbelievably smooth! I noticed a definite improvement in the appearance of blemishes and spots that had remained after past acne breakouts. Check out my before and after pictures. I think it worked!

I've also included a short video clip where I discuss my favourite features of the ADVANTAGE Daily Repair Facial Oil, how I applied it as well as how I incorporated it into my skincare regimen.

I recommend this product to anyone looking for an alternative to their current tissue oil or simply looking to enhance the overall appearance of their skin and face.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
T
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply