Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

2.7 1 0.5
Eyeshadows March 18, 2012 172
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was sent this eyeshadow as part of the Product Review Club. The colour I received was Plum Seduction, a gorgeous deep purple. As I am obsessed with all things purple at the moment I was over the moon at the colour choice!

When applied with my normal eyshadow brush, this eyeshadow applied very smoothly and evenly, but required a few applications to build up to the true colour. When applied with the sponge applicator provided it gives a much deeper colour immediately, but I didn't find it as easy to get a smooth application.

Sadly however this eyeshadow did not live up to it's claim of remaining crease free for up to 16 hours. I applied this eyeshadow in the morning before work and by mid afternoon already had visible creases and significant colour fade. This is a problem that I always experience with powder eyeshadows, so I was really hoping that this eyeshadow would deliver on it's promise.

When I used this eyeshadow over my tried and tested eyelid primer it lasted much better ( a full work day), although strangely I found that it was quite difficult to get an even application over the primer as the colour tended to settle in patches.

I would continue to use this product as I absolutely love the colour, but I would only use it in conjunction with my eyelid primer.

I should point out that eyeshadow creasing is a particular problem for me, and I have yet to find a product that claims to be crease-free that truly works for me.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply