Review Detail

4.4 6 0.5
Concealers January 19, 2014 265
Invisible perfection
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was feeling a little adventurous when I bought Yardley StayFast CoverFlage concealer. I was disappointed with my previous concealer and wanted to try something different.

It was worth the gamble, as it turned out to be one of the best concealers that I have ever tried.

Firstly, the packaging caught my eye. The concealer is packaged similarly to a lipstick or lip balm – in a slim retractable tube. I loved the fact that I did not need any additional applicators to apply the product. As it meant that I could quickly and directly apply the product while getting ready for work in the mornings and easily re-apply the product at work, should I need to do so throughout the day.

Secondly, for R69.95 (bought at Edgars) it did not seem like an expensive concealer. Especially since it promised to provide anti-aging effects, UV protection as well as skin nourishment through avocado oil, olive oil and Vitamins E and C.

Thirdly, I was impressed by the product's overall effectiveness. I have probably said this a thousand times, but I don’t like wearing a lot of makeup, so I was impressed by how little of the product you needed to cover up most imperfections, including dark under eye circles, redness around the nose and pimples. Other concealers I have used have felt heavy and even sticky, but this one felt soft and practically "invisible".

The concealer glided on easily and with my fingers I perfectly blended it over my imperfections. It wasn't cakey, nor did it crack, smudge or fade (Tip: I always apply a generous amount of moisturizer before applying foundation and concealer).

Lastly, the small tube lasted me months and in the end I found myself scratching every last bit out of the tube.
M
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply