Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.7 11 0.5
Nail Polishes April 08, 2012 532
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was fortunate enough to win a competition with Shape Magazine and Yardley. The colour hamper I won was filled with 8 Quick Dry nail polish colours, a can of Speed Finish nail drying spray and a Lash-Lustre mascara.

The Quick Dry Nail Polishes:

Of the 8 nail polish colours that I received 6 were bright summer colours that complete captured summer in the bottles. I received the following bright colours in my hamper: Mango Mischief, Seductive Strawberry, Candy Burst, Tropical Pink, Moulin Rouge and Ravishing Raspberry In order to achieve the colour in the bottle 1-2 coats are needed to achieve an even full colour. My favourites are the Candy Burst, Seductive Strawberry and Moulin Rouge. I am not terribly fond of the Mango Mischief colour that that is purely because I am not a fan of oranges like that. But I definitely cannot fault the quality of the nail polish. All the nail polishes have a great pigment and go on evenly and smoothly.

The other 2 colours I received were more metallic and more suited for Autumn and Winter - Choc Cream; Orient Express. These two nail polishes require at least 3 coats to achieve a full even colour. Personally I am not terribly keen on these two colours but that is purely because I am not use to wearing colours like this. As with the other nail polishes these go on easily and after the 3rd coat a rich metallic look is achieved. The Quick Dry nail polishes retail for around R48 a bottle.

The Speed Finish Nail Drying Spray:

I haven't used a drying spray before but after using this product I definitely think it'll be a nail polish staple for me. When sprayed on the nails the nail polish dries immediately to the touch. The spray has a cool feeling to it and one only needs to spray quite a bit in order to dry the nail polish. As with other quick drying products the layers underneath are still wet and this can cause smearing and smudges. A great thing is that the spray has vitamin e added to it which moiturises and conditions the cuticles. The sprays are available in 2 sizes - 50ml and 90ml (RSP R59)

Yardley products can be purchased from various supermarkets, department stores, pharmacies and online from Takealot.com.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
April 09, 2012
That was a nice hamper you received.I have also won a Yadley hamper.
L
lorraine
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply