Review Detail

3.5 3 0.5
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers March 13, 2014 252
So NOT in love
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Price: R30, bought on special (usually R70 each)

I am a sucker for those sale bins they leave on the counters, the ones that you can't help but rummage through, while you wait for your things to be rung up. Although I hardly ever buy Yardley products, this one caught my eye for more reasons than the giveaway price. You see, ever since trying Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Lips, I go weak at the knees for all chubby lip crayons. Nothing has come close to my initial experience with Revlon as yet, but that doesn't mean I am not on the lookout to expanding my collection! One of the trends at the time of purchase was coral lips, so I thought it was one helluva coincidence that I'd been looking for this shade and to find it on sale in form of a lip stain! Yayee me! When I applied it, my initial reaction was that it certainly wasn't the shade that was advertised by the bright colouring of the packaging. It was too orange and not the attractive on-trend coral that I was hoping for. It took a few applications for the colour to really show but I preferred it with one application as it didn't look as orange. I like the shininess of the gloss and the simple fact of it being a lip crayon - the neatness of a lip liner, the feeling of a lipstick and in this case the look of lip gloss. Unlike Revlon, you'd need a big sharpener once the Yardley one goes blunt, whereas theirs (Revlon) is conveniently retractable. Also, this crayon does not apply smoothly, instead it is quite sticky and waxy, which puts me off any lip product. As for long lasting? You are lucky if it lasts longer than an hour, before needing reapplication! Overall, I should have stuck to my initial remark, as the only thing attractive about this product was the price- then again, now I realize why it was on sale in the first place.
Review of Revlon: http://beautyblogza.blogspot.com/2013/11/product-review-revlon-just-bitten.html
More pictures at: http://beautyblogza.blogspot.com/2014/03/yardley-lips-in-love.html
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply