Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

5.0 6 0.5
Nail Polishes April 15, 2013 429
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Wow, those are the only words I had to say after an application of this product. R69 is all it costed for a brand new look.

I had a horrid episode after I had gel nails applied 3 weeks ago for my best friend's wedding. I was not a fan of "fake nails" initially, and after a disaster episode of removing the gel nails with the harsh acetone (which only partially removed the gel tips, with the help of my super nail file of course)I was certainly not impressed.

I am not a nail polish user. I usually buff my nails. When I had to file my nail down to remove residue from the gel nails, my nails were so thin and in desperate need of a rescue mission to restore these paws to being purrfect.

So I asked for advise on an almost instant dry, fuss free and 1 coat application polish, @Priya suggested I try the Yardley Gel-Lac Nail Polish...and so the love affair with Yardley was reignited.
My biggest problem with polish was that I would be sitting with my hands dead still for at least 30 minutes, and an hour later, whoops, a smudge (really now?). What I absolutely love about Gel-Lac is that it dries in under 10 minutes. The brush is large enough to use 2 strokes and done, that's it! I love the colour, it isn't hard black or wedding silver, it's an acceptable office appropriate colour too. The only slight problem I have is that the edges of the colour starts to chip after a day or 2 without the use of a top coat.

My initial plan was to use the polish only until my nails have fully recovered, but after the beautiful results I received with a professional looking product, I will assure you I have a new product to add to my monthly shopping cart. This is definitely for those of you who love making a statement and who has a crazy life like I do with no patience to wait for polish to dry.

Thanks Priya.
A
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply