fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

3.3 1 0.5
http://beautyblogza.blogspot.com/2014/01/yardley-enchanted-ever-after-pallete.html
Eyeshadows January 20, 2014 95
Needed a little magic to make it enchanted
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I honestly believe that you can never have enough palettes. It kind of annoys me that not enough companies supply this product, instead they charge you ridiculous amounts for duos and quads. Personally, I prefer a big palette as when I am applying makeup, I don't have to open several of them, looking for the right shade of purple. Instead, all of the colours that I will ever need are right there! At first, this product disappointed me so thoroughly, that I was too afraid to even admit to purchasing it, but with a little time and a magic trick, it started to become one of the handiest products that I have purchased. The palette boasts 48 eyeshadows that range from neutrals to greens, blues, reds and purples. They are mostly matte but a few of them have very little shimmer. From the bottom, a second tray slips out, that has 4 blushes and 6 base eyeshadows. I have to admit that I am so excited to have come across a palette that majority of the colours are matte, as all of my other palettes are very shimmery and tend to look a bit glitzy, without proper precaution, when applying. A lot of people have mentioned the lack of lipstick in this set, but I have to compliment that factor, as often the loose pigments fall into the lips section and will destroy your lipstick and makes the whole display look horrible. My biggest complaint is the pigment of these shadows. When you first look at these colours, they are rich and your mind wanders to all the "enchanting" looks you will be able to create, but after your first application you will find how lowly pigmented these shadows, really are. This is a factor that is of great importance to me, as when recording tutorials, I need the colours to show up on camera. After a little thought, I decided to try by applying a chubby stick over my lid before applying the shadow. You will see from my latest tutorial, that this method is not only effective but the colours are enhanced by 100% or more! As always, the included applicator is nothing to write home about and I prefer making use of my brush set. I know that this particular palette is no longer available in stores, but have seen in numerous places that there is a new Yardley Limited Edition Palette, and I was hoping that this review would help those of you considering buying it. Honestly, it is not a bad product, you just need to know how to make the best of it!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply