Review Detail

4.6 38 0.5
Powders September 18, 2010 1060
Yardley Loose Powder
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I bought this product some time ago and it is incredible.

I have very oily skin so my concealer (no matter which brand I use) creases and my eyeshadow fades away after some time. I decided to get a loose powder to set my eye area and I found this one on sale at Clicks. At first, I tested the 'coloured' ones and I found one that perfectly matches my skin tone. Unfortunately, Clicks did not have this particular one in stock.

I decided to try out the translucent powder. I was quite scared at first because I have a medium to dark skin tone and, because the powder in white, I thought it may leave an ashy/grey layer on my skin.

I was wrong. This product comes in a large tub with an application sponge (which I don't use). Initially, I applied this product with a fluffy brush to set my under eye concealer and eyeshadow primer. It blends really well into my skin and does not leave an ashen look. It also mattifies the area and prevents shine and oiliness.

It is long-lasting and only a little powder is needed. My concealer did not creases and my eyeshadow stayed put for most of the day (this is huge for someone with ridiculously oily skin). It also has a great scent and does not give my face a powdery look.

I got mine for R97 (on sale) which is inexpensive compared to other loose setting powders. I highly recommend this product for anyone looking for a setting powder and especially for those with oily skin.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply