fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.5 10 0.5
Fragrances October 21, 2010 1621
Womanity by Thierry Mugler
In all honestly, I do not really like the scent of this perfume at. I understand the concept of the perfume and celebrate how their aim is to empower women and am overjoyed that they have been eco-friendly in the design of the perfume and the packaging - but I still can't get over the strong salty smell that this perfume has - yes, salty! I think it's the caviar note that my olfactory cells zone in on.

Initially when you spray the scent there seems to be a lot of confusing and even conflicting scents - you get the serious citrus smell coupled with the salty caviar scent. It's a bit overwhelming. If you can come to grips with the initial harsh, confused scent and allow it to settle, it does mellow out a bit and seems to settle on a warm fig scent with a lingering salty smell - almost makes you taste salt in your mouth each time you smell it.

The scent lasts the entire day and I think is highly suitable for a day on the beach because the salty smell will definitely complement the sea air, or even for a night out.

I think many women will love this scent because of what it symbolises and how it is in essence empowering women by creating a sense of community among us. There is even a lifestyle website for this idea of womanity - http://www.womanity.com/

I really like the bottle a lot even though some of my friends thought it was a bit harsh and the lid was too masculine looking. But for the message that this perfume is sending, it needed a strong statement bottle. I personally think it's beautiful and look fantastic among all my other bottles.

Not exactly a favourite of mine, but I believe that there are samples available in this month's O magazine. If you haven't sampled this perfume grab a magazine - It won't hurt to give it a try.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply