Hot
Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams March 16, 2012 168
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

ALMAY Bio Organic Hydrating Moisture Lotion:

My Experience:

The product promises hydration and toning and comes with an SPF14. This skin care lotion has botanical extracts. I hate to say it, but I really didn't like this product. It was fine for my sensitive skin, which is always a bonus as I'm quite allergic. After applying the lotion, my skin felt tacky/sticky! Eeek! At first I thought it must penetrate properly, but no such luck.

Despite the fact that it claims to be fragrance free, I hated the smell! I can't explain what it smelt like, but it was a mouldy kind of smell. Yuck! I could still forgive the smell if it was effective, but I really didn't find it beneficial and gave it a fair try, using it each day. I wouldn't buy this moisturiser for myself.

Packaging:

The bottles are 100% recyclable, which is good for the 'green' world we're trying to create. I really loved the "wooden" caps - almost like a wood veneer. Unusual and attractive. I liked the blue colour used on the bottle. I found the font too small - maybe they can have a look at that (especially for those who can't read without their glasses)?

The product claims to be hypo-allergenic, 100% fragance free, tested by dermatologists, Allergy tested etc. and it is suitable for sensitive skin. Wish I could give it a better scoring, but the smell was very offputting and the sticky-ness after application was definately the clincher.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply