Review Detail

4.2 6 0.5
Eyeshadows June 25, 2014 895
Urban Decay Naked Palette 2 - A dupe
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

So I really wanted an Urban Decay palette, the Naked 2 to be exact, and I remember that Rubybox had the originals for about R650 some time back. so when i saw this on bidorbuy, I am ashamed to say, I thought it was the real deal.. I'm not familiar with U.D so please bear with me here.

So I paid R400 + and additional R50 for shipping the seller was really convincing that it was the real deal and all, But only after I had paid, I did a little digging, and then very sadly discovered I had pretty much been scammed.

BUT, I guess every cloud has a silver lining. When my parcel arrived, I immediately swatched it. Surprisingly the shadows are highly pigmented and are buttery soft. It picks up well on the brush, applies like a dream and is easily blendable.

The problem with fakes is that it's not regulated so I have no idea what ingredients it contains, but lucky for me I have had no reaction. I have since stopped using it and saving my pennies for the real deal - currently R1399 on 27pinkx.

The brush itself it useless, cheap quality with shedding hairs. light as a feather and belongs in the bin - Just my opinion here.

All in all, a lesson learnt, and R450 later.. at least i have a nice palette of colours for my face charts :)
SC
Top 50 Reviewer 280 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
June 25, 2014
Lol at having "a palette for my face charts"...

I would love to own the Naked 3, all that rose gold colours made me want it more, but im not willing to part with that much money
M
MsUndersin
February 02, 2016
I got a real one from the Sephora in Dubai- I'm pretty sure the Sephora online store ships to South Africa. You earn points and get so many free samples.

I suggest getting the Primer Potion too (you'll get samples in the Naked box) it's awesome! Long lasting and makes the palette colours stand out so much more. Not to mention it stops all smudging in it's tracks.

I'm glad you can see the upside- and I am VERY glad you didn't have a reaction.

xx
C
courtneyp
2 results - showing 1 - 2

Leave a Reply