Review Detail

4.1 10 0.5
Acne and Blemish Creams August 13, 2013 511
August 2014
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

RubyBox had a July special on their monthly surprise box for a price of 99c. I had been contemplating joining their subscription for a long time, but wasn't impressed with their previous boxes.

99c seemed like a fair enough deal to try them out.

I got my box on the 22nd August, or around that date - give or take 1 or 2 days. Was super annoyed, it seemed everyone else had gotten their boxes, but me.

Great start for RubyBox. Then the box - had a egg white soap (which rubybox has been giving out for months), an africology body butter sample (hated it, hated the smell and found the formulation too thick - and anyway September is Spring - too late Rubybox, really). Then there were some makeup removing Sponges (which a lot of people loved, but I'm skeptical on that ALSO). The only product that was seemingly ok at first glance, was the STILA mango berry lip glaze - but then, I hated the applicator and the product boasted that it wasn't sticky, but it was.

So, all in all - I find my first box was a big fat waster - I payed R50 for transport, but they were late!

I hated the need to ask them why I hadn't gotten my box yet - it spoilt the novelty and fun of it all.

Will see what September holds for RubyBox, Birthday box and I am also expecting an apologetic surprise, hopefully a good one!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply