Review Detail

5.0 1 0.5
Eyeshadows May 24, 2013 227
Truworths Single Eyeshadow
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

My sister’s school recently held their School Fun-Run and Sports Day, with this came the usual fund-raising initiatives. This year I helped her out and took 4 tickets in their Raffle. The prize I was told was make-up. Hence the 4 tickets purchased (at R50 a ticket). So imagine my excitement when I get home today after my paper and get to see my sister smiling and eagerly waiting for me in my room.

I had won a Truworths make-up and nail polish hamper. It was presented in a square grey and white box with loads of tissue paper and yummy treats. I was quite excited and surprised as 1. I had won and 2. I didn’t even know Truworths had their own line of cosmetics. Whether this is a hoax product or actually from Truworths I’m not sure, but will investigate this weekend. But till then, I will review the wonderful products I have won.
The hamper consisted of 2 rollo-lip balms, 2 double-sided nail varnishes, 2 four-quad eye shadows and 2 single coloured eye shadows.

First up for review- The single Bronze Eye Shadow

The packaging of these products is amazing! Simple, clean lines and vibrant text. The box is black with white and grey writing which simply says EYE SHADOW. There is a clear panel in the centre of the front of the box which allows you to see the colour of the shadow. There was no number or naming for this colour and so I will refer to it as bronze.

The product container itself was very sleek and streamlined. The base is black with a clear flip lid. Both the base and lid are plastic. The lid has TRUWORTHS written in white across the top. There is no brush included but the shadow is so soft and easy to blend that your fingertips are the perfect tool. The container is square in shape but the shadow is compacted circularly.

The colour is great for my skin tone as it gives a bronzed, healthy natural look. It’s similar to my skin tone but with a hint of glitter. I tried it on and was amazed with how easily it blended onto my eye. The formula is soft, non-flaky and easy to apply. Its only one colour but I can already see all the possibilities for this wonderful neutral hue. Due to it not being glitter-bombed or shiny, it could very easily work as a bronzer.

As I’ve only just tried it on 4 hours ago, I’m not sure about its lasting power just yet and whether it creases. All these updates will be posted tomorrow after I don this warm colour tonight.

I’m really excited to have won this amazing hamper; I’ve already done a neon pink French manicure, used the eye shadow and indulged in the fruit lip-balms. Whether this is a legit Truworths product or not, it does feel super luxurious and effective so will continue to use them. I will be at the Truworths in Hillcrest tomorrow to follow up on whether they do sell their in-house brand of cosmetics and if yes get the price.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply