Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.8 6 0.5
Shimmers, Bronzers, Self Tans February 23, 2012 1044
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was recommended by my friend to try this self tanner because she said it worked so well. I have never tried self-tanners before this, so I was a bit cautious and hesitant, because I didn't want to look like an Asian version of Jersey Shore ;).

What I love most about this product is that it comes in different shades - light, medium and dark - so you can decide how tanned you want to look by your current skin tone. I picked the medium tan one. I also picked the pump-action bottle because I wanted to use a cream product, rather than a spray.

Many self tanners require you to exfoliate before using it, but I found this product to work well, even though I didn't exfoliate. What was surprising was that the cream that came out of the bottle was white. I was expecting it to be bronze or brown. It applied evenly and blended easily just like normal body cream would. It did have a different smell though, the smell isn't pleasant but its not offensive either.

This product did not streak at all. What I did was I started applying this product from my leg upwards after I showered and dried myself really well. I applied on my shins and thighs first and only used what remained on my hands on top of my feet, ankles and knee area. I did this to prevent applying too much product on these areas, where you are prone to look darker easier. Then I applied on the middle section of my body and my arms. With my arms I applied the same principle. Starting on my forearm first, then my upper arm area and applying what remained on my hands and elbows. Wash hands immediately (especially between the fingers where your "webs" are). I then use a towel that I don't mind staining, and gentle rub the ankle and elbow area to remove any excess product.

I try to stay in a towel for at least 20 minutes before I put my clothes on. I usually do this an hour and a half before bed. The product doesn't get on your clothes or your bedding, which is great. And the next morning I wake up noticeably 3-4 shades darker.

If that isn't dark enough for you, apply it again the next day. For my face, I mix a bit of my moisturizer with a bit of the self tanner and apply this on the face. The skin on your face is thinner, so I don't recommend applying it on its own.

I love this product! It works well, doesn't streak, gives you that tanned look without looking orange, is semi-permanent so it should last for 2 weeks before you have to reapply. It is easy to maintain, just apply this once a week and you should be tanned throughout the season.

This product retails for R82.90 which isn't too bad if you compare it to other self-tanners that are pricey and DON'T give you the result you want. I would definitely repurchase this product again and recommend it to anyone who wants to look more tan.
K
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

4 results - showing 1 - 4
Ordering
February 23, 2012
My sister gave me a bottle of this a couple of weeks ago. I don't like it. I've also heard people rave about it, but it left me streaky and very orange. Haha, might be cause I'm as white as Casper the friendly ghost. ;)

I will post my review as well soon. ;)
C
csj16
February 23, 2012
In reply to an earlier comment

What colour did you try it in? Maybe you should try the light tan first :) Does it streak everywhere or only certain areas?
K
kikobunny0102
February 23, 2012
In reply to an earlier comment

I just used it cause my sister didn't want it anymore. I didn't even see a 'çolour' on it when she gave it to me. But I just checked now. It's the Dark Tan one. Oops, no wonder I looked like an Oompa Loompa. Bahaha. I will try the light one before I post a review.
C
csj16
December 13, 2012
I have light skin tone so bought the medium shade. I`ve applied it, It`s been 6 hours and I see no change. My skin tone stays light.
N
Nykie
4 results - showing 1 - 4

Leave a Reply