Shampoo May 15, 2017 1244
TRESemmé? YES YOU MAY!
(Updated: May 16, 2017)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

TRESemmé BOTANIQUE Nourish and Replenish Shampoo & Conditioner

Last year TRESemmé discontinued their natural range in South Africa, and it took me about 2 months to notice because I had stocked up (that's how much I loved it). Naturals were shook to the core and felt personally triggered, but you better PUT SOME RESPEK on TRESemmé's name cause IT'S BACK AND IT'S BETTER!

Straight Up Facts:
The improved wash and care system is made with natural ingredients, is free from parabens, silicons & dyes, and contains lower sulphates. The two main ingredients, coconut milk and aloe vera, are natural ingredients that I love working into my DIY hair care. Aloe Vera gel/juice used for hair nourishment contains nutrients which promote hair growth, repairs dull hair, provides moisture and makes hair soft & shiny. Coconut Milk is one of the best kept hair secrets for silky hair (as most naturals just use the oil). The milk contains vitamins which fight damage and deeply condition the hair.

The combination of Aloe Vera and Coconut Milk have moisturizing and antiseptic properties which soften and deeply moisturize the hair and wildly encourages hair growth. So you can imagine my excitement!

My first Impression:
Although the shampoo & conditioner combo is not completely sulphate free, the shampoo cleanses your hair without leaving that squeaky-clean feeling that leaves hair dry and hard. Most sulphate containing shampoos strip the dirt and too much oil from you hair, but this one will leave it feeling soft and smooth and smelling great! I'm rarely impressed by shampoos (since I don't buy them too often), but this one took me by surprise! I only had to use a R5-sized blob to cleanse my whole head! (Impressive, since I have hair for Africa)

There was a lot of pressure on the conditioner, since conditioner is a staple product for me (there are currently 6 conditioner bottles in my shower, don't judge). Off the bat, I wished it would've been a leave in conditioner, as a natural I appreciate a conditioner that is multi-purposed. But that's okay too, the conditioner is thick and creamy and deeply soaked into my hair, leaving it feeling soft and super moisturized, serving as a great co-wash! My favourite part about it, is that the conditioner has LOTS of slip, making it super easy to detangle my hair!

TIPS:
- When using this combo, why not do a pre-poo which compliments the main ingredients? One of my favourite DIY pre-poos is using fresh aloe Vera gel/juice from root to tip, or you can mix Aloe Vera and coconut milk/oil as great deep conditioner!
- I will say this everytime. When detangling you hair, always start from the ends and work your way up to your roots. (Thank me when you have bra strap length hair).

Where to get it:
If I'm telling you where to buy, you know I'm buying it too! It does the job (and well!), and it's cheapie but A GOODIE! These go for R80 each (say whaaaaaat) and are available at all shoprite, checkers, clicks, PnP, dischem and game stores.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
G
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply