Review Detail

4.5 44 0.5
Shampoo May 15, 2017 1250
Ultimate Curl Appeal
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Tresemmé has been a favourite of mine for years now, so discovering that the brand I love and trust has jumped on the healthy-hair bandwagon is music to my ears! Because I put my hair through so much, with pre-straightening products, post-straightening products, serums, sprays and dry shampoos, I always try to find and use natural products whenever I can.

Tresemmé is actually the hair care brand I use in any-case, so this really couldn't be more of an authentic partnership. When I first picked up the bottle, it’s sleek design had me thinking it was smaller that the original bottles, however this is not the case and you are still getting 750ml of quality product. Perhaps it was the new dark green shade that brings a sleekness to the design. The new range is called Botanique and the formula is infused with the natural goodness of coconut milk and aloe vera - two powerhouse ingredients when it comes to nourishment of any kind!

I felt that the shampoos gave my hair a really thorough cleanse. My post shampoo-hair felt not only clean, but nourished, soft and had an air of freshness to it. I have a lot of hair and as a result I’ve developed a habit of using possibly a bit more shampoos than I ought to in efforts to make sure I coat each strand. In this case, my overcompensating was a total non-requirement as I felt the product generously coated my hair, while also lathering up quite nicely.

On to conditioner. Now any curly-haired girl will let you know that conditioning is an - if not the most important part of hair care. This process ensures that your hair is nourished and moisturised with all the essential nutrients it needs after the shampoos has done its job in thoroughly cleansing. I like to apply the conditioner to my hair, allow is to soak it for around five minutes before rinsing. On my final rinse, I tend not to be as thorough in getting the product out of my hair, as I like to have a bit of the conditioner in my hair on the days that I go natural. If not this technique, then I spread one or two drops of conditioner to style and lock in my natural curls

I continue to be impressed by the level of quality products Tresemmé puts out; I use not only there shampoos and conditioners, but also the brand’s heat protect sprays and hair sprays. With this in mind, Tresemmé has become a brand I know and trust, so seeing the brand embrace natural hair and natural hair products is very exciting as we take steps forward to catering for every type of woman.

I’ve always been a fan of the brand's ethos that asserts professional expert quality at an affordable price, and at a price point of R79,99 per bottle, the new range is not only in line with the brand's other products and similar products by competition brands, but it certainly does live up to the brand vision. The R80 price point is not only accurate but pretty impressive for the level of quality and effectiveness at hand.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Natural Hair | TRESemme Bontanique Review | Beauty Bulletin | Normadic Online
N
4 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply