Review Detail

4.5 44 0.5
Shampoo May 15, 2017 1244
TRESemme’ Bontanique Shampoo & Conditioner | First Impression Review
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I received these TRESemme’ products, in partner with Beauty Bulletin, to try out and review. I received these products only 3 days ago, due to courier delays etc, but I jumped straight into the shower to try these out. This review required me to choose someone close to me to try these products out as well, and so my mom will be on this journey with me.

This range consists of the TRESemme’ Bontanique Shampoo & Conditioner. It is infused with Coconut Milk & Aloe Vera and is said to Nourish & Replenish. This range consists of no parabens and no dye. It is said to nourish and replenish damaged and dry locks.
So with that being said, let’s jump straight into this review!!

PACKAGING:
Both the shampoo and the conditioner are packaged in 750ml plastic, standard TRESemme’ bottles. The shampoo bottle is dark green and the conditioner bottle is white. Both products are from the expert collection and they are both silicone-free products.
I love TRESemme’ packaging as they are solid and secure, especially for an environment like the shower. The nozzle is a standard TRESemme’ flip and press nozzle which allows products to be dispensed easily. I also absolutely love the small pictures of the coconut and Aloe Vera, as this is eye catching when standing in front of the shampoo isle looking what to purchase.

PRODUCT:
The first thing that grabbed my attention on these two products was the smell. If you know me you know I absolutely LOVE coconut! The smell is super refreshing and long lasting and in no way is over powering. If you are someone who does not enjoy scented hair products then this could still be on your list.

The shampoo has a clear and creamy consistency, and it lathers up really nicely when rubbed into the hair. It also left an amazing feeling on my scalp as well as an amazing SMELL! The shampoo blends well on the scalp and only a small bit is needed. When I used this shampoo my hair felt so light weight (and I have extremely thick hair) and it never irritated the scalp at all. I always tend to do 2 washes with shampoo just to get that extra layer off, but honestly, with this product I did not feel that was necessary.

The conditioner as a white creamy consistency, and smells just as amazing as the shampoo. This product really showed itself when it came to brushing out the “change of season” knots in my hair. My hair detangled so easily with absolutely no fuss. I honestly thought, I had swept some oil through it. When I condition my hair I only apply conditioner from the ears down and not the roots as this tends to make my hair very oily. I will in future apply this product to the roots and get back to you with the result! My hair felt so smooth and silky after using this, and it really gave my hair a glowing shine.

Overall, I really enjoyed this shampoo and conditioner from TRESemme’. It provides a great nourishment and natural shine to the hair. My hair once blow dryed and brushed straight had body and volume.  I would definitely recommend this product to others as I am super happy with it.
My mom has shorter hair than me, and she absolutely loved this product as well. We have both only used it once and therefore will be in again with a second update.

Oh and the MOST important part – these two products retail for ONLY R79.99 from Clicks, Dischem, Game, PnP, Spar, Shoprite and Checkers.
I hope you enjoyed this review and please let me know your thoughts on this new product!

Love, Foxy XO

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
TF
Top 500 Reviewer 21 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply