4.7 26 0.5
Rehidrat-Oral-Electrolyte-Mixture-300x300.jpg
Health and Wellbeing September 13, 2016 3293
Why Rehidrat is Essential When Hiking
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

It’s almost Summer and the weather is heating up which means I am spending a lot more time being outdoors, especially hiking. If you had to go through my hiking bag you will more than likely find a gopro, some cellphone chargers an energy bar or two and most importantly a few packets of Rehidrat and water!

If you don't know what Rehidrat is, it's a balanced mixture of sugar and salts, which replaces the electrolytes in the body and treats dehydration. The reason I love taking it with me on long hikes is that I never know what might happen. We usually try and take at least 1,5 liters of water per person but when the weather heats up and you are climbing a steep mountain that water might disappear quicker than you thought. If you mix in a sachet with some of your water before you finish it all you might end up thirsty but at least not dehydrated so no dizzy spells or feeling sick, which can lead to accidents and even worse.

My boyfriend Michael was the one that got me into drinking Rehidrat as he was always in the mountains, sometimes for hours. I actually didn't want to drink it at all because I thought it was not going to taste very great. I tried the blackcurrant and orange ones and they were actually not bad at all although in the case of staying hydrated that shouldn't even matter!

I really think Rehidrat should be something everyone keeps inside their first aid kit, handbag, hiking pack and even in your car glove box. You really never know when you or someone else might need it. I have so many examples where I have seen people, especially on trails that have not packed enough water because they did not check the length of the route and that could really get you into trouble. Michael and I even helped a big group of hikers once that had no more water left and still about two hours of hiking to do. They were lost and we had to give them directions as well as some water and Rehidrat as they had no food or water left.

Be safe this Summer and pack some Rehidrat whether you are going to the beach, on an epic hike or even a festival!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Carlinn's hiking essential for Summer is definitely Rehidrat!
CG
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply