Review Detail

4.1 9 0.5
Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams May 15, 2015 932
The Body Shop Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturiser
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The body shop has been one of my favourite skincare brands since I started decided to religiously follow a beauty regime. The body shop has a variety of rangers to cater for different skin concerns. I personally love their vitamin C range, which contains the star product of today's review, the vitamin c glow-boosting moisturiser.

The Brand:

The Body Shop was founded in 1976 in Brighton, England, by Anita Roddick. It is a brand that aims to make a positive difference in the world by offering high-quality, naturally-inspired skincare, hair care and make-up produced ethically and sustainably. The products offered by the body shop are formulated using raw ingredients and accessories from all four corners of the earth.

The vitamin c range was specifically formulated to target dull, grumpy skin and to add a touch of radiance back into it.

"The ultimate antidote to tired skin"

The range contains several excellent products such as a moisturiser, scrub, radiance capsules, liquid peel, face spritz, eye reviver duo and powder mix.

I decided to incorporate their moisturiser in my daily morning skincare regime and was used immediately after I used my face spritz.

The Packaging:

The Body Shop has added a touch of luxury to their packaging. The moisturiser is sealed in an hard glass orange tub and sealed with a steady black lid. The label is stuck around containing all the vital information about the product. The tub can be easily recycled by simply removing the label once you have used up the product. I love reusing this tub to add my moisturiser or coconut oil whenever I am travelling.

The Ingredients:

The moisturiser encompasses a long list of ingredients but one that I want to highlight is Tetrahexyldecy Ascorbate. According to the research that I did on this product, Tetrahexyldecy Ascorbate is supposed to be a stable version of Vitamin C. It is added to moisturisers to ensure that the product protects your skin by being an antioxidant and assists in brightening your skin.

The Application:

As with many citrus based products I was hit with the smell of oranges once I unscrewed the lid, which I find to be a very welcoming smell especially in the morning.

The moisturiser has a gel-like texture which gives off a cooling sensation. I generally apply a small amount in circular motions all over my face. The gel texture absorbs easily into skin.

The Price:

The glow boosting moisturiser retails for R180.00 for a 50ml tub.

The Verdict:

I thoroughly enjoyed using this moisturiser. I am already onto my third tub. I love how gentle and lightweight the formula is. With regard to the name of the moisturiser being a glow boosting moisturiser, I don't see much of a difference in that aspect. I do, however, feel that my face feels a lot softer after using this moisturiser. The formula works well with my skin type which is dry skin, but I feel that it might not be suitable for people who have oily skin. If you are looking for a fresh scented, lightweight moisturiser to rehydrate your skin in the morning, the Body Shop vitamin C glow boosting moisturiser is one worth considering.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
T
Top 500 Reviewer 15 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply