Review Detail

5.0 1 0.5
Fragrances January 08, 2016 788
Frosted Plum Shimmer Mist
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Summer should be filled with fruity scents and gorgeous glows right? EXACTLY, that is why The Body Shop has made shopping a lot easier for summer, thanks to their limited edition range for Christmas. I’m going to focus on their Frosted Plum Shimmer Mist today, because it was definitely one of their “MUST HAVE” products this year. The only reason I chose the frosted plum is because I’m a sucker for anything purple (you already knew that), and it had a gorgeous ‘girly girl’ kind of scent, which I wanted for summer. 

My first impression about the Shimmer Mist was definitely the glass “Christmas Bauble” kind of look, a BIG thumbs up to The Body Shop for making the bottle see-through, with no labels, it actually enhances the shimmering effect, as you can see the fine shimmer swirling around the lavender coloured mist in the bottle. I’m going to be absolutely honest and say, I was immediately drawn to this Shimmer Mist, mainly because of the bottle and the sparkle swirling around (I’d say it is the perfect “Purple Sparkle” effect). 

I know this body mist comes in three sparkling scents: Frosted Cranberry, Frosted Plum and Glazed Apple. I tested all three scents, but the frosted plum had me at first shimmer, I was swept away by the lightly scented fruitiness of the plum. This light scent, is absolutely refreshing and the plum scent lingers on skin for quite a few hours, I really think this is a perfect Summer/Spring kind of fragrance. 

After a good few times of swirling around the bottle, just to be mesmerised by the glittery shimmer swishing around the bottle, I decided to check how shimmery this shimmer mist really is.. after a few good sprays, I was SOLD. The shimmer was light and delicate,but I personally find the shimmer mist to be a little flashy for daytime use, but if you need a little sparkle to make your day, go ahead and sparkle on!
I would really recommend purchasing this shimmer mist, if not for the fruity fresh scent, then definitely because you need a little sparkle on your night out. The shimmer mist fragrance is long lasting and perfect if you’re wanting that ‘summer fresh’ feel. The shimmer mist retails at R200 per a bottle and is limited edition, therefore it is only available this Christmas, so make sure you get your hands on this shimmer mist. 

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
P
#1 Reviewer 878 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply