Review Detail

4.8 6 0.5
Primers, Illuminators, Setting Sprays April 22, 2015 419
The Balm: Mary-Lou Manizer: Highlighter, Shadow & Shimmer
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I have been in love ever since this highlighter arrived on our beauty desk. Okay, so it's supposedly also an eyeshadow, but I'll be putting it to its best use: as a highlighter.

I've heard many good things about the Mary Lou Manizer highlighter from my favourite bloggers and I was thrilled to find out that Retail Box now stocks it in SA. It's considered one of the best highlighters for fair to medium toned skin, warmer than the other pale person Holy Grail highlighter: MAC Lightscapade.

Mary Lou Manizer is a champagne-coloured compact powder highlighter. First of all, the retro-inspired packaging is simply gorgeous, although the compact is a little tricky to open. At least it closes securely to protect its precious contents.

As for the formula, there's no chunky glitter in this baby (my pet hate in a highlighter). The powder is silky and very finely milled. I was surprised at how intensely pigmented the Mary Lou Manizer is when I swatched it and was worried it would bring too much bling-bling to my face.

Those fears were definitely unfounded. The buttery formula blended in effortlessly and subtly, lighting my face up and giving it a long-lasting healthy glow with a single sweep. It looks very natural, but can be built up to a Kardashian-esque look with some contouring. What a win!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply