Review Detail

3.0 1 0.5
Blush, Bronzers, Highlighters July 27, 2013 239
Stila Lip & Cheek Stains
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The packaging is a bit deceiving as the colour of the stains aren't necessarily related to the colour of their packaging. The coconut crush is more of a pink-bronze colour with a shimmer, and the passion fruit is more red than the peachy colour of the packaging.

These are the first Stila products I'm slightly disappointed in. My problem is the texture, because they are quite watery and sheer, so very difficult to apply to your lips with the brush. You get a very streaky effect. I would have preferred these tints in a different packaging to the click pen format.

They work much better on cheeks where you have the surface area to blend it out with your fingers. Their staining power is very good when applied to cheeks, but it didn't last on my lips beyond my next meal. It stained the drier bits of my lips but wore off on the rest, so as a lip product it doesn't work for me. As a cheek stain, they work very well and last the entire day.

What I do love about them is the amazing smell. The coconut crush smells like coconut and the passion fruit smells like...wait for it...passion fruit. The fruity smell is quite strong. Secondly, they contain actual extracts of the fruit they are named for, as well as vitamins and antioxidants. They cost R225, which I think is a bit steep for the quality and effectiveness of the product. I bought two, and could have bought a Chanel blush for the same price!
M
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply