Review Detail

4.6 7 0.5
Eyeshadows November 18, 2010 266
Essency Smokey Eyes - Punk Vibe
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

This compact is a 2 in 1. It comes with a cream liner in one pan and some powder eyeshadow in another. It also contains a double sided brush - with a sponge applicator on one side (for the eyeshadow) and a liner brush on the other (for the creamy liner). I will say it straight - I don't like the brush. In my opinion it is uneven and doesn't provide good application. I use my Essence gel liner brush instead and it works great to apply a thin even line. The colour of the cream liner comes out dark brown - it looks nice for a more natural look instead of black. The cream liner has a good lasting power and doesn't get wiped off as you try to smudge it.

The powder product is very pigmented - It is way too dark for me to use as eyeshadow - but it is great to set your cream liner with it. I basically draw a liner with the powder right over the cream liner. It smokes it out more. I cannot operate that sponge applicator for this purpose and use my MAC pencil brush instead.

I really recommend this product. You get a big quantity of each. I have had this set for a year now and it doesn't really dry out much.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply