Review Detail

3.5 2 0.5
Primers, Illuminators, Setting Sprays July 28, 2014 199
Awesome product - but not for me
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was so excited to try this product as I've read about Smashbox but never had a chance to try the products. I also don't usually use a primer so I was keen to see what the difference would be.

It's a lovely light cream, almost a gel in texture - reminds me of the cream serums one gets nowadays. It has very little smell and goes on easily. I found I had to use a fair amount to cover my whole face.

I was rather confused by the instructions which say: "apply to bare skin" - not sure if this meant over/under moisturiser? I tried both ways and really didn't see any difference.

Now for the less than positive side...
I really couldn't see any difference in how my face looked after applying it. And no difference to wearing foundation with or without it. I definitely haven't seen an improvement in blemishes, dark spot etc.

I also found that after a couple of days of using it, I got this bumpy skin breakout which I seem to get when a product doesn't agree with my skin. I was rather devastated, but persevered with the product anyway.

My skin has calmed a bit, but I have broken out with a couple of big pimples in the last couple of days. I'm very disappointed. Having used the Clinique blemish control clearing gel for the last 5 weeks, I've had a clear skin, even during the hormonal times. I decided to use this product instead to give it a fair chance. But I'm definitely back to the clinique!

So, all in all, it is a lovely product but it doesn't seem to do anything for me. I don't think I'll continue using it now that the trial is over - there doesn't seem much point and it doesn't seem to agree with my skin.
smashbox blemish control primer - texture
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

4 results - showing 1 - 4
Ordering
August 26, 2014
How much is this product or where can I get it? I would like to try it out.
M
miss-nero
September 01, 2014
In reply to an earlier comment

Hi there, I believe it costs somewhere in the R300's and you can get at any of the big department stores (Edgars, Red Square etc)
M
margsc
February 25, 2015
What type of skin do you have? I have always wanted to try this product for my acne prone combination skin, but sometimes my skin can become slightly dry... do you think this is a drying product?
C
Candace
February 26, 2015
In reply to an earlier comment

no, I didn't find it drying at all. if anything, somewhat oily. see if you can get a sample at their counter - it's a lot of money to spend if you're not sure it will work for you!
M
margsc
4 results - showing 1 - 4

Leave a Reply