Primers, Illuminators, Setting Sprays September 23, 2016 361
Beauty Review: Smashbox Primer Oil
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Beauty Review: Smashbox Primer Oil | Beauty

Glowing. Radiant. Luminous.

Not only are those some of my favourite words in the world, they also describe Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer Oil perfectly!

What is Smashbox Primer Oil?

I was out makeup shopping recently when I came across this exciting product. It is a facial oil used as primer before makeup application, and is said to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It's also said to give the skin a radiant look.

Where can this be purchased from?

This product can be purchased from Smashbox Cosmetics' online store or from selected retailers. I purchased mine from Woolworths for R400.

What were my first impressions?

The product is packaged in a sleek glass bottle with a matte black lid. A handy dropper lid makes measurement and use easy. Upon swatching, a glow is instantly visible.

How do you use this product?

This product can be applied before makeup. Two drops is enough to give the skin a luminous look.

Despite this product being a primer, there are other ways to use it.

It can be applied over top one's makeup as a liquid highlighter.

It can also be mixed in with foundations and other makeup products to give the skin a more radiant look.

For an extremely moisturised and natural look, apply 2 drops of the product every morning and night to a clean face and massage in.

Does it work?

There are few words to describe how much I love this product! From the first time I tried it out in store, I fell in love. It quickly became a makeup staple and is now a product I cannot leave out of my makeup routine. On days I want to be more natural, I'll apply this either as a primer or over top my foundation for a natural highlight. On days I want a more glamorous look, I mix this with my foundation for a gorgeous finish.

Why does it work so well?

The Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil contains a range of beneficial ingredients such as essential oils and plant oils. "Moisturising jojoba and calming camomile" are just two of the great ingredients found in this product.

Would I recommend this?
Definitely! This product is quite affordable since it does come in a 30ml bottle. It does everything it claims and leaves makeup looking fresh and radiant. A little product goes a long way.

*I would not recommend this to individuals suffering with oily skin.

Let me know if you love this product as much as I do!

Xoxo
Raeesa

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
SU
6 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply