Review Detail

4.7 17 0.5
Primers, Illuminators, Setting Sprays July 16, 2010 645
Smashbox - Photo Finish Foundation Primer
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was given a sample sachet of this primer and I was quite excited to use it as I've heard some really fantastic things about it and it's won many awards. This is a completely clear, very thin gel with a slight scent.

If I compare it to my claudia stevens foundation primer I would have to say that I prefer the claudia stevens one. I know this seems crazy, seeing as it's a third of the price. But here are my reasons why:

- I find that I use a lot less primer with the CS one. A little goes a long way.
- The Smashbox one didn't sink in as nicely. I found myself needing more to get that silky feel.
- It has a slight off-putting scent.

Ok, but putting all that aside let me tell you what I did like about this primer. It has some fabulous ingredients like Grape Seed Extract and Retinyl Palmitate which is a form of Vitamin A and used as an antioxidant. After it it set on my skin, my skin did feel very soft and I did notice my foundation applied a little bit easier. My skin also felt a bit more moisturised. My makeup lasted the whole day without separating or changing color.

But at the end of the day I have to honest and say It isn't worth the R320. I was left a bit disappointed. After reading most of the reviews on this primer I was kind of expecting my skin to look almost airbrushed. But all it really did was make my foundation stay put for longer.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply