Review Detail

4.7 17 0.5
Primers, Illuminators, Setting Sprays July 16, 2010 644
The proof is in the pudding!
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was so excited when I got the call that I was chosen to test and review the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer - Thanks once again Beauty Bulletin. Even MORE excited when I got my package. Hell yeah... couldn't wait to test it!

At the age of 38, I think I'm quite blessed with good even toned skin, although I do struggle with pigmentation, fine lines (let's not call it wrinkles, I'm too young for that yet) and slight redness around my nose which mostly occurs during Winter season. My foundation always looks cakey on my nose and cheeks, so finding a good one has always been a nightmare....well that's what I thought! I suppose all I needed all this time was a decent primer, but what did I know about primers?

So this is how I went about it - cleansed, exfoliated, moisturised and then I gently applied the Smashbox primer. I was waiting in anticipation for whatever was suppose to happen next. OH MY WORD, never in a million years did I expect this miracle tube to feel this way. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!

Smashbox primer applies to the skin like a dream, glides on smoothly and disappears into the skin with no residue left behind. I absolutely love the matt finish. To be honest, I didn't even want to apply make-up afterwards. I waited another 2 minutes for it to settle and then applied my foundation with no fuss or cakeyness at all! The big test for me was to see how long it would be until my forehead looks like it was licked by a cow! By the evening I've already forgotten about it and eventually when it was time to remove my make-up I realised that everything still looked fresh. I had no "laughing wrinkles" around my mouth, as I call it, which was a huge plus point for me and my face had ZERO shine and that's really impressive!

To sum it up:

Smashbox primer has a very nice consistency, almost like silicone that seals your skin. It leaves my skin smooth and the finish with my foundation is FLAWLESS! I would recommend this primer to EVERYONE!

If reviewing the primer was so easy and fun, I'm really curious the use the rest of their products. The proof is definitely in the pudding!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
B
3 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply