fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.6 23 0.5
Lipsticks September 29, 2014 572
Smashbox "Be Legendary" #Pout perfection!
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

So when I opened my unexpected parcel and saw 3 Smashbox products staring at me I was DELIGHTED and the biggest smile literally swept across my face! Thank you BB.

I am going to firstly start with the Smashbox Always sharp Lip Liner, the colour I received was “Figgy” which is a gorgeous rich Red shade. Even though you cannot see the sharpener this nifty pencil is conveniently self –sharpening everytime the cap is twisted off. Yes ladies! No more scrambling threw makeup draws looking for that tiny sharpener! Upon applying the consistency of the pencil was soft and sculpted the lips effortlessly. I have a thinner top lip so I used the beauty trick of accentuating my cupid’s bow to create a look of fullness. My first step to achieving the perfect pout was a success! The lip liner comes in 16 amazing shades, and works perfectly fine to use the liner to fill in the lips to create a Matte effect.
Conclusion, The lip liner did indeed prevent feathering and bleeding and is long wearing and I cannot wait to get my hands on a nude shade for that everyday look.
Awesome! What more could a girl ask for?!

Smashbox Lip Lacquer in Bordeaux, this was one of the products I was hesitant about the actual colour. The shade is a reddish brown which does not work well with my complexion. Never the less I wanted to give the actual product a rating. One coat was enough for my lips, the colour was vibrant and intense with a glossy finish. It felt weightless and comfortable and was not at all sticky, after a few hours I noticed that the glossiness had worn off yet the colour stained my lips which lasted for most of the day. A touch up is required to keep that vibrant eye catching look.

I was so impressed with the full colour and lasting properties of Smashbox Lacquer that I took a peek online for the shades available, boasting 20 GORGEOUS shades I am super eager for a little self spoiling at the end of the month!

So for the final product, Smashbox Be Legendary Lip gloss in “Disco Rose”, I saved my favourite for last ? Being a lipgloss junkie I have tried tons of lip glosses, and I am hardly ever impressed due to the formula being too sticky or tacky or the colour transferring onto my teeth, let alone to just be able to find that perfect vibrant colour. Welcome to my life Smashbox Be Legendary lipgloss! Personally I love the “Disco Rose” shade, it suited my complexion and provided a polished shine look which made me gloat confidence! And again the shades available are irresistible.
The applicator is flat and broad which allowed for quick precise application and the shade matched with the “Figgy” Lipliner perfectly. The texture of the lipgloss was not sticky nor tacky which allowed for a comfortable wear. As with most lip glosses a touch up is required to maintain the shine.
The Lipliner and gloss have become part of my essentials list and go with me everywhere!

Final conclusion: the quality of the Smashbox products I received exceeded my expectations and you get what you are paying for. Would I be purchasing these products in the near future? Most Definitely! #smashboxfan

A girl should be 2 things, Classy & Fabulous, and there is nothing better than to wear it on your smile!
page.jpg
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply