4.6 23 0.5
Lipsticks September 29, 2014 578
Pouting Perfection. ALL. DAY. LONG
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Lip Gloss

Of the three items, this is the one that didn’t appeal to me as much. Reason being, after using the lip lacquer, there is no going back. Why compete with 5 hours of high pigmented glossy goodness? I got mine in the shade Coquette which was a bit of a change up. I challenged myself to wearing bright and vibrant colours, this season, but this gloss came in handy when I wanted to tone it down. The pinkish hue reminds me of bubblegum! It is the ideal shade for everyday, and a subtle colour to pair with a beautiful smokey eye at night. I was quite impressed by how silky smooth the consistency is – I dislike gooey, over glossy lip products. There isn’t much pigment but you can definitely build it up! This is the perfect companion to your handbag, to brighten up and touch up, throughout the day.

Lip Liner

Lip liner is back and oh-so trendy! If you’re a newbie to lips, like me, you’re probably thinking that you can skip out on the lip liner and go straight to the lippies. But you’ll quickly learn how essential these babies are. Lip liners are vital for 3 main reasons: they extend the longevity, prevent feathering and enhances lip shape. The always sharp lip liner from Smashbox fulfils its promises of always being ready to line your lips with its nifty ‘twist the cap’ feature. That’s right, you need to twist the cap to open it, which ensures that the liner is at just the right level of sharpness before use. I got mine in the shade Fuchsia. Unlike previous liners that I have used, Smashbox’s offers a smooth glide, over the lip, highly pigmented and long lasting effect. I love using mine with bright, vibrant colours to create my own hues for well-defined, kissable lips.

Lip Lacquer

This has got to be my favourite of the three products sent. The Lip Laquers come in 20 different shades that range from lilac and milky all the way to rich and deep burgundies, mine was in the shade Flamingo. I want them all! The Lip Lacquers offer a long wearing and highly pigmented coverage, which has moisturising properties which include vitamin E and avocado oil. When compared to other products, I would say they are very similar to a glossy stain or liquid lipstick. Just like most, the glossiness wears off around 2,5 hours after application but the colour stains and offers a very highly pigmented lip for a long lasting time (10am-3pm = FIVE HOURS!) that is while drinking and eating in-between, and if that isn’t enough, combine it with the fabulous lip liner, and get a full 8 hour coverage. I have found that with most lip stains, they have a drying effect that makes your lips all gooey and soft, while you’re wearing it but once it has worn off, you feel that you need some sort of intensive treatment to restore and hydrate your lips. However, these little gems offer a unique formula which restores and nourishes lips, so even if you already have cracked lips, these will help in treating the condition. There is no denying that there is a lip lacquer for every girl, and you NEED just 1 or 2… or all 20!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
October 15, 2014
Love the colours!is this cute baby boy your baby?xx
R
RuthL
October 15, 2014
Brilliant :) As I'm reading I'm getting questions popping into my head and then bam you're answering them!
LL
Luna Lacey
2 results - showing 1 - 2

Leave a Reply