Review Detail

4.6 23 0.5
Lipsticks September 29, 2014 578
Smashing Smashbox!
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was sent the Smashbox Be Legendary lip products to review and couldn't have been more excited - what a fantastic product to be chosen to review!

I had been looking into using lipliner more often and was really happy that one came along in my package of Smashbox goodies - the whole idea of lining and colouring in your lips with a matching lipliner is genius as your lipstick/lipgloss will last SO much longer, and I hate the pesky reapplication process.

The colours I was sent were absolutely gorgeous: -

I received the lipliner in a lovely peachy orangey coral colour, absolutely spot on for spring/summer. The colour pigmentation is fantastic and suited my complexion to a T! I've tried using it just to line my lips and also to colour them in, and this ensured that the gloss in a matching colour definitely stayed put for longer! I adore the self sharpening aspect of the pencil, although I do find myself repeatedly trying to just pull of the cap, rather than twist it. So so lovely to have a nice sharp tip each time I use the liner again - why does this not come as a standard feature of every single lipliner/eyeliner???

The lip lacquer was in a matching shade to the liner, and also really did my complexion justice. It lasted really long and wasn't sticky, but instead very smooth and moisturising, and went on so smoothly.

The lip gloss looked gold in the tube, which was slightly off putting but once you apply it it's more of a neutral shimmery gloss - goes well by itself or applied over other lip products and colours. In the box it gave you a tip to apply it to the middle of your bottom lip to make lips look plumper - I tried this and wow but it definitely works!

Both glosses had a lovely sweet scent to them too - not in a cheap tacky, kiddies gloss kind of way, it was very subtle, but it made applying them a pleasure.

Overall, I liked all three of my products. While they're fantastic and I'd love to buy them again, they were a little pricey for my budget to make into regular purchases, but maybe as a treat to myself (or a gift from others *wink wink*)!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply