Review Detail

4.5 7 0.5
Eyeshadows August 28, 2014 468
Smashbox, Smashing! All About Eyes x
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

When I say that I was excited to be chosen to review Smashbox products, that has to be the understatement of the year. I was overjoyed! I had always wanted to buy Smashbox but I hadn’t tried the product and couldn’t justify spending the amount on a product I didn’t know. But I still always envied my friends who always spoke about their Smashbox makeup collections. Finally I have my own little Smashbox collection, and after this review, it is going to be growing in the near future!

Item 1: Smashbox Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio in Litho (wheat, hazelnut and ebony). This little, round, magic pot of heaven is worth every cent of R310. It is not messy like some eyeshadows. It stays firmly in the container and goes directly onto the makeup brush (or your finger) when applying. It glides gently onto your eyelid and is super blendable, which I love! The lasting effects are amazing. After applying the makeup for this review, my makeup was still on at the end of the day. It is really long-lasting.

Item 2: Smashbox Always Sharp Crayon Eyeliner in 3D Pacific. This eyeliner is different in a few ways. You twist the lid to take it off, and you have to push the applicator down in order to get more product out. Just like the retractable eyeliners, there’s need to sharpen this one. The green eyeliner reminds me of a mermaid themed colour… it’s a very gentle green with a nice sparkle to it. This eyeliner stays in place once it’s on, and it won’t dare to budge or smudge, giving you a full day (or night)’s wear. R235 can be justified to have your eyes looking gorgeous and smudgefree all day. I am really looking forward to buying and trying the black one!

Item 3: Smashbox Photo Op Eye Brightening Mascara in Black. R250. This is a great mascara and I’ve been using it every day since I received it. My old mascara is a distant memory. This doesn’t clump, it glides on nicely. If you apply a few layers you can get really gorgeous thick black lashes. You can see this in my night look in the images below.

I am happy to say that the wait for trying Smashbox products was totally worth it and I am sold over!

I created a day look in the photos by doing the following: I applied a relatively thick layer of the green (3D Pacific) eyeliner on my top and bottom lids. I then took the wheat colour and blended it on the full area of my top lid ending just after the natural crease. I made sure to blend the ends so that it blends in with my natural skin colour, which is quite light. I then applied a thin layer of mascara to the top and bottom lashes.

To move to the night look, I kept the above steps, but added the following: I took the ebony eyeshadow on a thin applicator brush and used it to line all around my eye (top and bottom). I dusted some of the hazelnut eyeshadow on my top lid and a small sweep on my bottom lid. I then took the ebony eyeshadow and put a little bit in the outer corners of my eyelids. I ended off the look with three layers of mascara.

Let me know what you think! :)
Day vs. Night
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply