4.5 7 0.5
Eyeshadows August 28, 2014 458
All About Eyes with Smashbox Cosmetics
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

* Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio in Focal Point // R310.00
I'm not really an eye shadow girl so I tried to just put my fear of eye shadows aside and try the trio for a few weeks and oh my gosh, I am glad I did! I absolutely love the 3 neutral shades in this trio. Each Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio comes with 3 highly pigmented hues. This trio includes 3 coordinated shadows, a base shade, contour color and highlighter so taking a day look to a night look can be achieved with one compact trio! How convenient, right ladies??

The actual formula of each shadow is amazing! It's highly pigmented and has a lovely velvety formula. Not only does it glide on with ease, it also applies on the eyelid very evenly.

Available in 13 different shades, I'm sure there is a trio to match every eye colour or taste in makeup. The trio I received consisted of Champagne (highlighter), Flamingo (base) and Java (contour).

* Hyperlash Mascara in Black // R250.00
Ah, you guys! This mascara is just stunning! I can agree with the fact that it does lift, lengthens, volumises and defines for fuller, longer, clump-free eyelashes. This all-in-one mascara coats the lashes really well from root to tip. I don't have the longest lashes but I do have medium sized lashes and with this mascara, it really spreads and coats each lash giving it that extra length to give my lashes that butterfly effect where it looks like little wings.

The applicator is a flexible dual brush and comb applicator.The brush side of the mascara builds and thickens while the comb side of the mascara defines and lengthens lashes.

Not only does the mascara provide a really dramatic look because of it's highly pigmented black shade, it also contains peptides and antioxidants that will repair the lashes.

One thing I dislike about this mascara is the fact that after wearing it for a while, tiny dried bits of the mascara starts to settle on my cheek but other than that I personally think it's pretty amazing.

Available in black without paraben.

* Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner in Sumatra // R235.00
I haven't tried a brown colour liner before so I was pretty surprised that this liner suited me perfectly. I've been loving it for the day time because it's subtle yet it defines the shape of my eye.

This liner goes on smoothly because it has a creamy consistency. The creaminess allows you to smudge out the liner for a much more dramatic look.
It is also waterproof which is amazing for the upcoming Summer days.

I think the real amazing thing about this liner is the fact that it self-sharpens every time you twist the cap off. HOW AWESOME?? There is no fuss with a blunt tip, pencil shavings or the hazard of damaging your eye area with sharp wooden sides of the pencil.

Available in 8 different shades, from Black to Nude.
Smashbox Hyperlash Mascara in Black
Smashbox Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio in Focal Point
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
October 06, 2014
Good review .very imformative
S
sashnee
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply