Review Detail

4.5 7 0.5
Eyeshadows August 28, 2014 468
Smashbox ~ Smashing eye products
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was one of the lucky ladies to receive three gorgeous Smashbox eye products to try. I was super excited because I had only heard good things about Smashbox but I hadn't tried any of their products before.

Here's what I received:

*Smashbox Hyperlash Mascara
*Smashbox Photo Op Trio Eyeshadow consisting of three colours > Alabaster, Antique, Clay.
*Smashbox Always Sharp 3D Gemstone Eyeliner

{Smashbox Hyperlash mascara}
This all-in-one mascara promises to lift, lengthen (which I don't really need but a girl can never have too long lashes right?), define and volumize. And boy did it do all of that! This mascara is awesome because most mascaras make my eyelashes clumpy but this one didn't. I have pretty long eyelashes and this mascara brought out the best in them. The thing I like most about it is the precision in the wand bristles and how they separate and define my lashes. They cater for my lashes because with each stroke I can feel it focusing on each individual lash. The intense black colour of the formula also helped my eyelashes stand out more because I have naturally light eyelashes. So I love the intensity the blackness gives. I also noticed that one coat of mascara is also enough whereas many other brands you need to apply a few coats for it to do it's thing :) So this one will be lasting me a long time too! I did however apply another coat for the more dramatic night time look.

{Smashbox Photo Op trio eyeshadow}

I really liked the colours in this trio eyeshadow because they can be used as everyday makeup and they are very versatile. The packaging is very compact and has a nice feel to it. I like how they combined three colours in one container to make it easy and quick to apply. As I was thinking of where I should use which colour I noticed the flip label at the back. I was really impressed that they added a mini makeup lesson on the back label to help you create an easy makeup look. With these three colours, there's really no other colours you need for a simple nude/light smokey eye makeup look. I loved the texture of these eyeshadows too.

{Smashbox Always Sharp 3D Gemstone Eyeliner}

This eyeliner is waterproof and it really did stay on all day. This is great to know because through out the day I get so busy at work that I don't even have time to check if my makeups still okay. This would also be great for me to use on a night out because usually when I'm out dancing and it's hot and sticky then my makeup runs down my face easily. I think this eyeliner's staying power would be really helpful on such a night out on the town!
With a simple twist as you take the lid off, the liner sharpens itself from the inside of the cap! How cool and 20th century makeup technology is that? I love that because I hate sharpening my eyeliners. The only kind of downside to this liner is that I couldn't figure out how to release more product once it was short..Usually you would turn the upper part and it would come out but after trying a few techniques I finally figured out that with this liner you have to push downwards for it to push more product out. Confusing at first but pretty cool once you get it. This liner is a gorgeous brown berry colour with pretty golden pearl shimmers. Great for the lower inner eye line during the day and amazing on the top eye line for a more dramatic night look.

Here are a few of the eye makeup looks I played around with. I really impressed myself with my first try :) Look out for my video on two makeup looks using these products. I will upload it soon...

M
Top 1000 Reviewer 9 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
September 14, 2014
Great Review and stunning pics :)
M
mia-shaik
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply