Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.7 1 0.5
Face Masks January 31, 2013 192
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

My skin appears to be getting more and more reactive to any sort of change, be it emotional, food, weather, products. This sensitive-hyper-reactivity is not – as I thought - the prerogative of dry skin but can affect all skins, even combo skins with imperfections like mine.

Back to basics with extra gentle formulas, little to no makeup, a good SPF and three products from Serra, the latest treatment range from Lamelle (see beyond35.co.za for details). The one product that stood out for me has to be the mask that I use two / three times a week as a night cream alternating with the restore cream.

Apply a thin layer and give it some time – 10 min or so – to sink in before gently wiping off any excess.

It is recommended to follow with one of the Serra moisturisers but I use it alone. I suppose you could layer the products if you have very dry skin or if you need a more intense treatment.

I keep the mask in the fridge for that extra cooling sensation, which soothed my troubled and irritated skin overnight from the very first application. No need to wait for the 28 day cycle. I woke up the next morning to calmed skin– still in the healing process but I trust it’s doing a good job.

I can’t think of anything that I don’t like about this mask. It’s one of those ‘disaster recovery products’ you have to have in the fridge especially if your skin is as unpredictable as mine.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply