4.6 11 0.5
Nail Polishes November 07, 2012 752
five out five
(Updated: July 03, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

A friend at work told me about these nail decals and I just had to try them. I’m not really sure what I was expecting, but I was totally blown away, these things are amazing! I found these at Clicks for just under R100.

One thing to bear in mind is that your nails need to be slightly long before you apply these (not a whole lot but just enough for you to fold the strip under a bit), so just a little bit of nail peeking above your fingertips will suffice.

Inside the box are the strips in a sealed little package, a mini file and a cuticle stick. There are 16 strips so basically one box = one use. It Also seems that once the little package containing the strips has been opened, any strips that are not used will dry out (I tried to cheat a second application by trimming up some of the remaining six into ten only to find there was no stickiness left to them).

The application was flawless, you just select the best sized strip, peel, pull it over your nail (as if you’re trying to stretch it) and tuck it under, then use the cuticle stick and file to remove any excess. It seemed a little tricky at first and I really thought I would screw up, but it truly was foolproof!

And here is the finished product! My nails looked so amazingly professional, I couldn’t stop staring at them! A word of warning: prepare to be inundated with compliments as everyone from colleagues to cashiers are going to question you non-stop about your gorgeous nails and the achievement thereof!

And here is the real selling point for me, they lasted just over TWO WEEKS! No chipping, fading, wearing etc. Unfortunately, at around day ten or so I ill-advisedly decided to add a clear top coat to protect them and try make them last even longer, but the top coat itself started wearing off and peeling and as it did, started taking the decals with. So I definitely don’t advise that you put anything on top of them, they don’t need it.

My nails are also usually incredibly brittle and I sometimes find that nail polish can make them even more brittle. However I didn’t suffer any breakage at all whilst I had these decals on my nails. I don’t know if that’s coincidence or not, but the past week I have had regular nail polish on and my nails have started breaking once again.

So all in all, a five out five, or rather a ten out of ten (ten perfect leopard printy fingers that is)!!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply