Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

5.0 1 0.5
Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Colour in 903 Silver Elements
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Patterned Metallic nails are big this season and although I do love the jewelled metallic of Jade, Ruby and Emerald; I chose to be slightly more conservative in my colour choice when I tried this trend.

I purchased the Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Colour in Silver Elements. The colour can be seen through the bottle and looked shiny and velvety smooth. It was a good blend between a silver and grey which caught my attention. This colour mesh-up gets heightened after the use of the magnet.

On my first application I was left extremely disappointed as no magnetic effect was observed and the colour looked weak and in-consistent on my nails. It was only after I actually read the instructions did I achieve my patterned masterpiece. The consistency of the varnish is much weaker when compared to other Nail Varnishes in the Sally Hansen Range. This means that on the first application the nail isn’t completely covered and left with a streaky finish, but not to worry as a second coat is needed for the magnet to do its work. Once this step is complete, the effect is out-standing and the varnish sets smoothly. Even with 2 coats and a magnet induced effect, the formula dries quickly.

Onto the bottle, this was very attractive, clever and functional. It’s a jumbo sized clear stodgy glass bottle that holds 9.17ml of nail polish. The writing is all done in white on the front and black writing upon a black label on the back of the bottle. The instructions for use are printed on this label. The lid is quiet big in size and black in colour; it houses the magnet on its top. This “jumbo” lid is matte black with 3 glossy black curves around the middle. This I later learnt was the effect the magnet achieves. The magnet is neatly housed on the lid, which is makes it easy to use and always on hand. On the one side of the magnet, there is a curved ledge; this ledge acts as a barrier to keep the magnet off the nail whilst being held over each nail. This jumbo lid can be pulled off to reveal a thinner glossy black twist lid that hoses the brush. What’s really great is that even though the “jumbo” lid pulls off, it isn’t loose or continuously falling off.

To use, first make sure that each nail is completely clean. All nails should be painted with a single coat. Once this is dry, the second coat needs to be done with the effect on each nail individually as the polish needs to be wet to work. Once a second coat has been applied, hold the magnet over the nail with the ledge as close to the nail bed as possible. The metallic powder in the varnish rises to the surface and creates a unique pattern on the polish. Once all nails are done and dried, a top coat can be used.

After completion, the look is fresh and different; the effect is very noticeable and would look amazing on longer stiletto shaped nails. As it is a Sally Hansen product, it is the best of quality and lasted chip free without a top coat for 6 days.

Now that I’ve tried this pretty safe and mundane colour and effect, I might be ready to adorn some starry blue talons come next week ;)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply