Review Detail

4.3 11 0.5
Foundations October 29, 2014 710
Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation Review
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

My skin tends to get super shiny throughout the course of the day, and it gets even worse in hot weather. Heading into the summer season, I was looking for a foundation that would sort that issue out for me. After a bit of asking around, I decided to give Rimmel a shot.

Rimmel sell their Stay Matte foundation in a cute little 30ml tube for about R120.00 at Clicks. I bought it in the shade 201 Classic Beige, which is the second lightest shade they have.

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation

The consistency of this foundation is really weird for something that comes out of a tube. Usually mousse foundations come in a flat pot, but that's not the case with this one! It's not a problem at all, just an observation.

I was really surprised by how little of this product I need to cover my entire face. With most foundations I'll use 2-3 pumps to get full coverage, but with this foundation I need just one small blob the size of a pea. That's the other thing - the coverage offered by this foundation is second to none. It's exceptional! If you've got problem skin like mine, this is definitely worth trying out.

There were two main reasons for me wanting to try this foundation:
1. I'd heard it offered full coverage (and it really, really does)
2. It's supposed to leave a matte finish

So how does it score on the mattifying front?
10 points and a gold star!
At the end of a full day using this foundation, my skin is still matte. What a huge improvement from my usual shiny face! Where has this been all my life? If you're like me and you suffer from shiny skin syndrome, this foundation could be your dream come true.

The downside:
There's barely anything negative that I can say about this product, but there were two small 'issues' that I picked up.
1. The mousse smells a bit like clay which isn't the greatest, but the scent wears off after a couple of minutes. No biggie.

2. It seems like the foundation oxidises a bit after application, and I'm convinced that it turns a darker shade after a few minutes of wearing it. If I purchase this product again, I'll probably go for a lighter shade to compensate for that!

Overall a really great product and I'd definitely buy it again.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
M
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply