Review Detail

4.1 8 0.5
Eyeshadows September 05, 2014 336
Not much good to say about Rimmel ScandalEyes eyeshadow stic
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I have Rimmel ScandalEyes eyeshadow stick in two colours namely Guilty Grey and Trespassing Taupe. I was hoping to achieve a professional day look with Trespassing Taupe but unfortunately it makes my lids look heavy and accentuates the creases. As much as I disliked Trespassing Taupe I like Guilty Grey. One can layer it to an intense a colour as you wish.

In applying this creamy eyeshadow I found what I thought would be my biggest gripe of this chubby stick. It looks like a crayon so, I would think, one should be able to directly draw on the eyelids. Unfortunately it is too chubby to have proper control. The stick is not thin enough to draw a crisp line and one needs to blend the shadow once applied. Yes all this is easily remedied by using a brush and people that do not like to feel pressure on their eyeballs will probably use one from the start but then what is the point of having a stick. It may as well just be in a pot.

Eventually after blending I achieved the look I was going for and off I went. About four hours after application I saw myself in the mirror and I was surprised to find almost no grey left on my eyelids! So much for waterproof going nowhere.
I had such high hopes for this stick but unfortunately it has been a total fail.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply