Review Detail

3.7 6 0.5
Nail Polishes October 19, 2013 488
Rimmel London’s 60 Seconds 625 Sir, Yes Sir! and 605 Purple Reign
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Decent nail polish when you take your time and take care how you use your nails.

I don’t do nail art. Quite the opposite after years I still struggle to paint my nails with my non-dominant hand. But once in a while I like to have some colour on my nails without having to spend the time and money at the salon. My ideal nail polish would go on smoothly in one smooth stroke, dry quickly and let me get on with my life and stay beautifully put. Yes I know that may be wishful thinking but formulas are improved and I decided to try Rimmel London’s 60 Seconds nails polish.

Seeing as Rimmel claims the nail polish takes 1 second to apply and 60 seconds to dry I was disappointed. The nail polish is applied with a thicker stubbier brush which takes some getting use to but one still needs to use more than one stroke so no application does not take only one second. After 60 seconds the nail polish was still tacky so needs longer to dry and does not achieve full coverage in one coat as claimed.

I tried two colours 625 Sir, Yes Sir! and 605 Purple Reign. Even after two coats I still did not like 605 and I could feel ridges at the areas where the nail polish was thicker. This colour will be banished to my toes. On the other hand after two coats 625 dried to a lovely, even colour which felt smooth. I’m a hands on kinda gal so unfortunately there was chip on my thumb (see pic) within the first 24 hours.

Rimmel London 60 Seconds nail polish at R59.99 is reasonably priced. When all is said and done 60 Seconds nail polish does not live up to the claims made by Rimmel London. If you critique 60 Seconds as just another nail polish then yes it is of better quality and last slightly longer than similarly priced products. So if you find a colour you particularly like as with me and 625 and accept what it is and not what it promises to be it’s worth getting.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply