fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

3.6 4 0.5
Lipsticks March 10, 2014 335
Rimmel Lipstick Lock (kiss-proofing topcoat)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I have been on the hunt for so-called 'smudge-proof/ kiss-proof' lipsticks to no avail. I tried the Maybelline Superstay 2-in-1 but it made my lips feathered and drier than the Sahara! I had read several reviews about a 'cult' lipstick sealant called Lipcote which is basically supposed to act as a top coat but for your lips. Unfortunately i dont know where to find it in South Africa, even though the 'net says they have an office in CPT, so i grabbed 2 bottles of the Rimmel lipstick lock thinking it would be a worthy dupe.

Please DONT be lead asawy by all the positive reviews you may find on google, this doesnt work at all! The lip colour is dulled because you need to blot it before you apply the product, and no matter how many slicks you put on it will still transfer. The only thing this product does is somewhat 'stiffen' and slightly dry your lips, but it doesnt lock anything in, just moisture. I think this product should rather be classified as a mattifying product, it would certainly save the next girl in my situation R80/ 8ml bottle; I'm going to beg my sister in London to stock up on a few bottles of Lipcote for me.
M
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

This Post Has One Comment

1. Vivian

Will not buy again.Purchased no 530/520/130. it was extremely feathery,caking up,dried my lips terribly.did not last long on lips-Was patchy terrible.Colour was uneven. Forms a stiff layer on lips,then starts crcking up. stains everything except staying on the lips.
    PLEASE DONT WASTE YPUR MONEY ON THIS LIPSTICKS.

Leave a Reply