Review Detail

4.4 15 0.5
Eyeshadows November 03, 2014 351
Rimmel Glam Eyes Mono Eye Shadow in 173Midnight Ruby
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

So, another Rimmel buy; I’m hoping that you guys caught on that I am quite a Rimmel fan with all my purchases. Lol.

Following with the winter craze of everything purple and plum I purchased this mono eye shadow shade from Rimmel in Midnight Ruby. One doesn’t usually associate a ruby with being a grape colour so I Ioved this contradiction (coincidental or just my love for English?).

The eye shadow is a very intense highly pigmented grape hue with specks of glitter. It goes on easily and smoothly, filling in every crease and corner. It has really long lasting power and looks great with every skin tone and eye-colour. As with all the Rimmel Glam Eyes range, the label on the back has all the information you need. Due to this being a mono shade, there is no illustration shown but the looks advised are easy to achieve. As always they give us a subtle option as well as the brave London Look. I love using the subtle way during the day or to just add a pop of colour to a neutral look. When used as an eye liner I wet the applicator so I get a highly intense colour and a thin precise tip to work with.

The eye shadow comes in an all-black compact with clear lid. A black double-sided sponge applicator is also provided. Again, I felt that the applicator scraped more shadow off than it actually got onto it. Many different looks can be created from this one shade and it can easily be integrated to use with your other cosmetic brands. I’ve used this shadow both with and without a base and achieved the same long lasting results due to its deep colour It doesn’t flake or collect in the creases of the eye-lid. My only criticism would be that without an eye shadow base, the colour did get a tad oily looking, but that could just be my personal response to it.

A great buy at an affordable price that will help you achieve your own London look ;)

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply