Review Detail

4.2 14 0.5
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers April 29, 2013 381
Interesting!
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

So I made use of the Rubybox sale and after reading all the great reviews on this product, decided to go for it @ R79.95. I chose the Big Bang (right on the pic above and supposedly red).

I always battle to find lipsticks and even stains that can keep up with my lifestyle. I drink plenty of water through out the day, especially in Durban's humid summer weather. Usually most of it disappears from my lips after the first sip of water and leaves a rather unappealing stain on the rim of the glass. HATE THAT! So bottom line is that I really put every lip product, properly through its paces.

Here are my thoughts on this product:
1) I was surprised to find an applicator wand as with a lip gloss. (I did not really know what to expect from this product.) The applicator makes the product glide smoothly onto the lips.
2) There was a faint metallic odour and taste after application that I am not that crazy about, but it is not so overpowering that it would keep me from using the product. It does seem to disappear after a minute or so.
3) The colour is not red, but rather a deep fuchsia pink. NOTE TO BEAUTY HOUSES: Please do not misrepresent the colours on the outside of the tube or in your ads. It is really annoying when you want a red lip product and you end up with a pink! Luckily I love deep pink, so I was not too much perturbed.
4) After application the appearance were more that of a lip gloss than anything else. Very shiny and moist on the lips. Herewith a problem: Leaving it like that will ensure that I leave that nice stain on the glass, so solution: clad lips with tissue.
5) After cladding, most of the glossiness disappeared and left a deep pink colour...still fine enough looking. Lips appeared dry and I thought no transfer will take place. WRONG! I left a smudge on my glass after taking my first sip of water about half an hour after application. PRO: Enough lip colour was left behind to still appear bright and even.

FINAL VERDICT: This product stayed on for about 2 hours before I had to re-apply. A good effort in my books, but not good enough to call it revolutionary! I will recommend it, but be careful when choosing colours, as I heard that the pink is also much lighter than indicated on the tube. Also keep it in your handbag as you will have to re-apply throughout the day and clad if you are going to lunch or having coffee with the girls. Overall an interesting product and experience.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply