Review Detail

4.6 17 0.5
Lipsticks October 06, 2010 845
Revlon Vintage Super Lustrous Lipstick crème: 720 Fire & Ice
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I came across this very lush and regal looking lipstick on the sale table at Clicks recently. There was only one and it was in a clear plastic sealed box, at R34.95 for a Revlon lipstick I quickly put it into my basket and hunted around for more.

This is the Super Lustrous Crème Lipstick range from Revlon. I wasn’t even aware they had a Vintage range within this range and was amazed at the luxury of the lipstick. The colour looked quite an orangey-red but I was just so thrilled with paying under R50 for it that I decided I’d worry about my choice of colour once at home. I was pleasantly surprised to find that no colour was perfect for my skin-tone and didn’t need any meddling with.

The canister is just divine, very different from the other Revlon canisters. It’s a rippled silver canister with a gold band around the middle with Revlon embossed in a cursive manner. The top, has a bold capital “R” etched into the silver. A very minimal but striking effect, the canister screams vintage elegance with a “Great Gatsby” look to it. When the lid is opened, a beautiful metallic gold canister welcomes you, so elegant. The lid closes really tightly and takes a little strength to pull open.

The formula is soft, creamy and super moisturizing. It glides onto lips with ease and has a slight tangerine hinge to it. The lipstick is rich and offers great hydration throughout the day. It’s super velvety and light on application. I often forgot that I was even wearing a lipstick as it felt more like having yummy soft buttery lips. The colour doesn’t bleed into crevices and has a relatively fair lasting power. The look is lush and velvety with a matte finish. Lips are left looking full and plump with great coverage.

I love this lippie from Revlon and am on the hunt to find more colours. It’s so lush and offers such exceptional results that yes, I’d even buy it without its alluring sale tag.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply