Review Detail

3.5 8 0.5
Foundations July 06, 2010 335
Revlon Photo Ready Foundation
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I loved Revlon ColorStay Stay Active foundation so I thought I'd give the PhotoReady a try, since many people were raving about it. The PhotoReady comes in a very nice packaging, I prefer this to the ColorStay foundation because the pump is effective and its easy to control the amount of product you want to use. I like the glass bottle it comes in and the dark tinted lid. I feel that together, I'd get the packagaing 5 out of 5.

Now for the product, the product itself has a lighter feel on your skin compared to the ColorStay foundation. But this foundation does not provide as much coverage as the ColorStay. I would say that this foundation is medium coverage only, and not complete coverage like it says on the bottle. There are very subtle glitters that are hardly noticeable when you apply it to your skin. (I can usually see this if I sit right next to the mirror) The product gives your skin a shiny glow for a healthy looking complexion which is great for everyday use, but NOT for photography. Especially since this product does contain SPF 20 in it, it tends to give your face that "white cast" look when you take pictures with flash. (Which kind of contradicts the whole looking great under harsh light advertising). But I still love this foundation for everyday use, because the ColorStay foundation is mattifying, and everyday use will cause it to dry out your skin. The PhotoReady is much better for everyday use. I have dry skin so I don't really need to apply powder, but if you have oily skin, I would definately recommend you to apply a powder over the foundation to reduce the "dewy" look.

The disadvantages of this product is that it does not come in a wide range of colours. I was lucky enough that 008 Golden Beige suits my skin colour fine, but I know people who are to mix colours to get the right colour for them. So definately match this foundation in store before you go ahead and just buy one. The second advantage of this foundation, I have mentioned before and that it is too shiny for photography and may tend to make your face look very white because of its SPF content.
K
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
November 24, 2010
Isnt it odd that they call this "photo ready"??? I would have thought that it would do the opposite and not give u that ghost look in flash photos!! Thanks for the great review!
A
atomickitten
April 08, 2016
In reply to an earlier comment

My thoughts exactly...

Also I found that if I wear it the whole day by the time I get it off at night my skin feels irritated and dull. Sometimes I break out as well. So if you have sensitive skin I do not recommend this product at all
R
RaeesahBelle
2 results - showing 1 - 2

Leave a Reply