Review Detail

4.5 8 0.5
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers May 21, 2012 363
The non-lipstick wearers answer to lip colour
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Oh. My. Goodness. Since I have worn makeup, I have never taken to a lip product the way I have taken to the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters. I don't wear lipstick every day as I have sensitive lips with dry, sometimes dull skin, so I for daily wear I opt for a tinted lip balm. The Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter is by no means a lipstick, and I'd definitely liken it more to a lip balm -- possibly the best one I have ever used.

For someone with dull, dryish lips like mine, the formula is so moisturising. It is incredibly soft and buttery and is definitely what I love the most about this product. In terms of colour delivery, this range is more like a tinted balm, so if you are looking for the colour intensity of a lipstick, it would be best to look elsewhere. As far as lip balms go, the tint of the Lip Butter is delivers just the right amount of depth and pigmentation, offering a slight stain with consistent use during the course of the day.

The Lip Butters can be used on their own or layered over lipsticks for a slightly glossy tint.

I have three of these in the shades Peach Parfait, a peachy pink that I think is more suited to fairer skin tones than my medium skin tone, Brown sugar, a shimmery bronze colour that is great to layer over lipstick, and Pink Truffle, a pink colour that is by far my most used shade.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply