Review Detail

4.3 1 0.5
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers February 19, 2014 162
New Shade - Provocative
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

(A product sent to me by the beauties from Beauty Bulletin)

So! I remember these Revlon Lip Butters being all the rage a while back, beauty bloggers were in awe. Provocative is a new shade in the range, together with a shade called Invite Only.(I love the name- Lip Butter- its like, I use lip balm when I'm wearing jeans but when I've got my fancy pants on: where's my lip butter, dahhling??)

PROVOCATIVE
The colour is a vibrant...Barney purple. The colour took me by surprise as I thought some colour would of course be visible, even if just slightly. It also has tiny flecks of glitter in it. Neither of these were clearly visible once applied. No colour and maybe just a little glitter, if you looked for it. I really didn't mind but I just don't see the point of adding a new shade if its not bringing something new to the table.

Once applied, it did give me great shine and my lips felt smooth and soft. The shine doesn't last very long but the nourishing effects do, I had to reapply after an hour or so of use.

This product would be great for those that want the benefits of a lip balm, in a lipstick applicator form, but without the colour of a lipstick. This particular shade transfers no colour- zero.

PACKAGING
The original lip butters have matching frosted cases, if the lip butter was a peachy pink, the case reflected this. I think this would have looked more attractive if it had a matching purple frosted case, it has a translucent frosted case. The case also feels fragile, not as sturdy as the Revlon lipstick cases.

WOULD I BUY THIS PRODUCT?
Na-uh. As much as it brings the great quality of the Revlon brand, all you are getting is a lip balm. And there are better lip balms out there.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply