Review Detail

4.4 15 0.5
Lipsticks July 04, 2012 484
Great neutralizing base for lipgloss
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

This shade in Smooth Nude made quite a buzz online internationally (as a lot of nude lipsticks do). It is a completely beige concealer type of nude. It erases your lips off the face of the earth and allows you to play up your eyes or cheeks instead. It is a total neutral on my skin tone. It doesn't look too white or orange. It is completely matte in texture but has just the slightest hint of pearlescence in it but really practically invisible.

Revlon Colorstay range of lipsticks really last long on the lips. They have a very unique texture. When you apply the lipstick it has a very smooth buttery texture. You don't need to go over more than once - the coverage is opaque straight away. As the lipstick sets it becomes totally matte and dry on the lips. As a result it lasts a lot longer then your usual lippie. The downside of it is they drying effect on the lips as well as looking a bit chalky and pasty. On its own it doesn't look too good on me as time goes by as it starts looking more and more cakey. The way to counteract it, is simply to add lipgloss on top! It actually works amazingly under a gloss because it completely erases the natural color of the lips (purplish in my case) and allows the true colour of the lipgloss to come through. It looks great under light pinks and corals that normally look muddy on my lips. Because of its matte texture it becomes a great sticky base that makes the glosses last a lot longer and keeps it from sliding all over!

Overall I recommend this lippie only as a base under glosses. If you are looking for a nude lippie to wear on its own I would rather go for something creamier.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply